My first ever dollhouse - The Mckinley!!

Decided to go with an open concept floor plan on my first ever dollhouse. 🫣 

So far, I have finished basically the foundation of what my rooms will look like but I wasn’t quite thrilled with the kitchen’s size. I felt like it was too small (my opinion only!) so I removed the partition on the first floor. Wish me luck 🫣

I’m still deciding whether I should put a wooden beam or something but it feels pretty sturdy!

• Like 1

You could invest in a 0.5" dowel (round or square) and make columns for an architectural detail and add support to the second floor.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lorelai Gilmore said:

Decided to go with an open concept floor plan on my first ever dollhouse. 🫣 

So far, I have finished basically the foundation of what my rooms will look like but I wasn’t quite thrilled with the kitchen’s size. I felt like it was too small (my opinion only!) so I removed the partition on the first floor. Wish me luck 🫣

I’m still deciding whether I should put a wooden beam or something but it feels pretty sturdy!

That may be a long term warp problem rather than a right-here-right-now sturdiness problem, so I'm with Holly on this one - better to have something minimal for the long term just in case rather than trusting the MDF. Keep at the idea though, make it your own! 

The McKinley is the 1/8" luan plywood, not MDF (thank Greenleaf!), but still probably want something to keep the upper floors from sagging.