Dura-Craft Lafayette inside window trim

Pip

Hi friends! Got a Dura-Craft Lafayette from a 2nd hand store and am enjoying working on it. Since ID’ing the model through reddit, I realized I’m missing more pieces than I thought lol! I don’t mind missing the front “porch” and can rebuild the stoop and stairs, but what’s stumping me right now is the interior window trim! I don’t have any interior trim pieces and I’m having a lot of trouble making my own.

I’m wondering if any of y’all have this model and might be able to help me get the dimensions of their interior window pieces! It’s the arch part that’s the hardest to recreate. (Life would be easier if I could pry off the outside window trim and trace it, but it won’t budge even with my heat gun and I don’t want to damage it.) Even a well-lit picture of the interior trim with a ruler next to it for scale would be helpful!!

You could trace around the exterior trim onto scrap paper well enough to make a pattern and trim it to match and use it on chipboard or layers of poster weight card to make your interior trim.  Once it's painted and in place who (besides you) will know?

Edited by havanaholly
  • Like 1