Alzheimer’s

Hi there!

My husband and I bought the orchid for my father in law who is early stage Alzheimer’s.  Any tips on building this with him? He used to be an aircraft mechanic and has great attention to detail still, however I am worried that he (and I) will get overwhelmed. 

Hi back atcha! and welcome to the little family.  I dry fit (put the shell of the kit together with blue painters' tape before gluing anything) and built the shell of my first Orchid in one day in my middle son's basement and then worked on decorating it in our rv and finished it off when we got back home.  I would do the dry fit first, both to help to understand the instructions (which your dad may or may not have patience with) and to sand or shave the slots and tabs into a more perfect fit.  There are two Orchid building blogs in the blog section of the forum and some people bashed (changed a few things) the kit.

An awful lot of us have built the Orchid (I have built two so far), so ask any  questions you may have.