Hi New to building

CrucioVeritas

In the early 1990s my family lived in San Pedro Ca. My dad started us on Dollhouses when my mom got him to buy a kit at a local Dollhouse store in the area. He ended up building houses for her, my sisters and myself that year. 

I want to recreate my mom's dollhouse... But I am having a HARD time finding it and seeing as my dad is up there in age he cannot remember the name of dollhouse. SO I am hoping by joining maybe I can have luck figuring it out to hopefully find a kit and build for my daughter. 

What I remember is that the doll house 2 main floors and a attic. The staircase was located in the middle of the dollhouse but turned around so you did not have access from the back to the stairs, but you could see the broom closet.  The main door opened to a covered porch with railings. The second floor had a smaller room off to one side of the -master- bedroom and that there was a small balcony off of the small room as well as a terrace / balcony on the main front for the second floor with fresh or double doors. My mom loved this dollhouse and bragged because it came with a -actual- brick chiminey that my dad had to mix and use a stencil to make. He says there was no add ons he bought.

The box had a girl in the epic 1980s flannel pjs. 

Any help would be AMAZING!

Welcome to the little family.  Sounds like the Dura-Craft Cambridge (click on the underlined part to get an image)?  It was the second dollhouse I ever built.  Sadly, Dura-Craft went out of business many years ago, but the kits occasionally show up on Ebay.