Staircase dimensions

AngieAngie

I am scratch building a 1/12th scale house and am going to build a straight and also a spiral staircase. As I haven't seen a 1/12th staircase, I would like to know the height of the step (risers) and the width of the steps. I know I can measure a real life stair and use 1/12th the measurement but dollhouse stairs seem to look a bit out of scale in pictures I have seen. To me, dollhouse stairs appear narrower and higher than what real life staircases are generally. If anyone has Housework's or similar, I would appreciate knowing the size. Thank you :)

Edited by AngieAngie
spelling

The steps by the way are 3/4" high and deep. It looks like they took 3/4" square posts/blocks and cut in half on the diagonal and placed on a wood board side by side. Interesting I had never looked at it sideways before. 

I built a dollhouse from plans in 1996. I used  this book “Inside the World of Miniatures and Dollhouse” Bernard Rosner & Jay Beckerman.  I use the plans in that book and the first thing I made was the staircase (I don’t wanna say it was easy ) they came out pretty good they’re still standing... I said I would never build a staircase again... I’ve taken 1 apart and put it back together and one that’s built but not put together....yet.... 

enjoy