Hello from Illinois

Kate.Black

Hi!  My name is Kate.  I love little tiny things.  I collect them, I make them and I love to show them to my friends and family.  For a large number of years I've been working off and on, on my dollhouse.  It is still a long way from finished, but some rooms are pretty close and I'm just about done with the siding and trim (well, sort of).  My goal is to be as realistic as possible so no chunky children's quality furniture for me.  

I'm looking forward to seeing what folks are working on.

Kind regards,

Kate

Welcome to the little family, Kate.  I make almost all of everything I put in my houses, and the best book I found to begin with was Patricia King's books for making Victorian furniture; you don't have to make Victorian, but she has excellent suggestions for using found items.  I have made variations of this stove from her book Dollshouse Fireplaces and Stoves:

5db1a1b61bec7-ministove-Edited.jpg

Thank you very kindly!  I've done quite a few kits, and made some stuff from tutorials.  I do have a couple of books which have been useful as well.  I spent some time resizing photos of my dollhouse to show in the "my first dollhouse" thread so hopefully I'll get those finished up and posted today.

Your stove is really charming!!  Well done!

Edited by Kate.Black
to say a little bit I forgot to say.