Using Tapewire for the First Time

Sallyann

I am working on my first house, The Orchid, and I am trying to wire the house using Cir-Kit Tapewire and I have run into a potential problem. While mounting the junction splice on the exterior wall, the pegs went through the wood and the tape on the interior (albeit perfectly aligned with the tape wire lines - I measured it well I guess).  I tested the wire after the junction location and after the peg infiltration location and both tested on. But I am concerned that having the pegs poking through and out of the wire would make for an electrical hazard.  Is this a problem? Do I need to remove all the Tapewire and start over? Just remove the junction splice and reset it -obviously not as deep. And how is possible to set it securely on the exterior without punching through the wood and having the sharp pegs pushing through to the interior? 
Electrical work is not my forté, I am much better with a paint brush

I don't think you want those prongs touching the metal on both sides of the wood. It might be okay but it would make me nervous.

You don't need to start over, just remove the junction splice and insert it somewhere else. If needed you can wedge a thin piece of wood or folded paper under the edge of the splice to keep it from wiggling.

It's probably fine to leave the holes in the tape wire, but to be on the safe side you can insert brads into them.