Slow but Steady

MiniMadWoman

Well, it has been slow and steady since completing the exterior of my Beacon Hill, including a carriage lamp at the front door. All the tape wiring is done and I have installed lights in the kitchen, as well as papered and floored! The next room to be "lighted" is the parlor/music room. This is a slow process as I am learning as I go (Brian is a whiz at wiring with wire) and each room is going to be on separate switches and those rooms will be divided into ceiling and table lamp switches. It's a good thing I'm working in the Edwardian period because it will take me from then until now to get it done! :)

Lights look great, house detail and finish is perfect.

When I look at something like that work you must be soooo patient.

I'm way to rip stuff and bust. Need to see results yesterday.

Cheers

Glen

I have to laugh just a little at your comment regarding 'instant gratification', Glen. I've had to work very hard at not being that way myself. I too like to have things done yesterday and when I start a miniatures project, I love to have everything I'll need for it waiting for me so nothing holds me up. But alas, it doesn't always work that way for me. :)

I, too, am way impatient! The slow and steady progress is killing me as I'd like to have had this house completely decorated, furnished and accessorized by now, but alas, one has to live, if only a little, in the real world and funds dictate progress! :)

Well, Teresa, my mother always said that "Slow and steady wins the race," and from your photos I think that must be true. What a lucky find! That house was waiting for you. I envy you your stove. Those German stoves give such warmth and character to a kitchen. Thank you for the pictures.

Bee

Thanks so much Bee! Would you believe I got that stove on e-bay for just $27 US including shipping all the way from Britian! :lol: I've seen them for as much as $50-60!! :)