Anyone else having problems with selling items on ebay?

Anya

Sorry Tracy if this post doesn't belong in here.

Well as some of you may know my father inlaw had a miniatures shop on ebay but he was having a few problems with. Have any of you had these problems before?

1 - He put two items on for 'buy it now' a while back but they never showed up on his selling list in his ebay account (so basically it was like the items were never put on sale and didn't exist) but they did show up on ebay for other people to see and sellers fees were deducted from his account. Anyway in the end I had to buy the items from his shop because he could not take the items off the site once they were on there as he had no trace of them and as there was no trace of the items that he had put on his site he couldn't keep track of them.

If something you are selling doesn't show up in your account can you delete the sale because he couldn't find a way to correct the problem? We thought that at least my name would show up on his ebay once I bought the items but it didnt and only I got a message comfirming that I'd won something.

Can anyone figure that out? I mean how silly is this? If he didnt spot this problem he would have had no idea and a person who may have bought those items could have thought that he was a bad seller because he would have not responded as there would have been nothing to respond to.

Not only that another time he put some items on there they have just disappeared and were not listed on ebay at all even after the sellers fees were taken out of his account. Now he is the first to admit he is not great with computers but he said he followed all the instructions and other items have shown up but then some don't.

Since all this he's closed the shop and is just selling things on there now and again but he would really like to open the shop again but the questionarre forms on ebay are just so ridiculous. He did complain to ebay but he got some standard explanation that made no sense and was told to check paypal. Do any of you have have any of your own experiences to share in regards to this problem?

If you are listing an item in your store, it will not show up in your regular ebaya auction or buy it now listings. Also, if you list an item in your store, if it does not sell in 30 days, the listing renew itself so you have to keep track on what you have and how much of it you have.

This is the only thing I can think you must be talking about. Unless people "Know" you have a store, ebay does not advertise your store listing unless you have current auctions running at that time. I hope this helps and don't confuse you more.

If you are listing an item in your store, it will not show up in your regular ebaya auction or buy it now listings. Also, if you list an item in your store, if it does not sell in 30 days, the listing renew itself so you have to keep track on what you have and how much of it you have.

This is the only thing I can think you must be talking about. Unless people "Know" you have a store, ebay does not advertise your store listing unless you have current auctions running at that time. I hope this helps and don't confuse you more.

Thanks for the reply Tracy

All I know is that he told me that when he went into his ebay shop on the left hand side there is a list and written in the list is something called 'selling' and then the number of items you are selling is next to that.

He said that sometimes his items don't show up at all and he cannot find any trace of them when they should be there but sometimes they just show up in the viewing gallery. I don't have a clue how it works as I've never had a shop on ebay.