sealing the edges of wallpaper

glen

Does anyone have a cool technique for sealing the occasional exposed edge of wallpaper?

Like going over them with clear nail varnish or tape or something?

Sorry. Getting to the exciting stage of adding a few of the first little details and needing more and more advice.

Cheers

Glen

The only thing I've ever done for this was to run a thin coat of Elmer's glue along the very edge of the wall with my finger. I'm carefull to keep it on the edge and to keep the edge of the paper very smooth and very flat against the wall. When that's dry, I paint the edges of the walls - again being carefull to not get it on the wallpaper. I like the "finished" look that this produces. :lol:

I was just about to ask this very question! The brick paper I used is starting to peel along the front edges.

I was thinking about using strips of wood to cover the edges, but because my house is front opening, the front wouldn't close properly.

What type of glue is Elmers?; PVA?

Hi Glen:

Get wall paper glue for Dollhouse, put some glue on a Q-tip and run it along the edge of your paper (not a lot of glue), after you have the edge of the paper covered press it to the wall, then use a credit card and run it down the edge to squeeze out the extra glue. Take a damp towel or rag (not wet) and wipe off the extra glue and let dry. :lol: