Blog Tab

Selkie

I was chatting with Debra from Olde Cape Cod the other day about her blog here on Greenleaf (which is really cool, btw and you should hop over and take a peek!!)

I thought I'd bring attention to the Blog Tab. It's on the top bar if you are on the full version right next to the Gallery tab. It's a box on the mobile version. It's something that I only recently "discovered" although it's always been there. I was technically aware it was there and that it had building blogs to assist folks with questions and ideas for building certain kits. Those are great but they weren't anything I was particularly using or needing at the moment.

While I've been laid up this winter, I spent more time (than I care to admit) poking around the forum and have discovered many, many jewels and gems right here in front of my nose that are free, interesting, helpful, and just plain fun. (and No, I'm not a paid advertisement for GL).

The Blog Tab is a wonderful feature for following a particular build. After looking at them and reading and commenting on them, I've realized how much more functional they are than using a topic to log the progress of a build. Topics slide down the list very quickly and are sometimes very hard to find again if it's been awhile. Even a week can make it hard to find a particular topic.

The blogs, on the other hand, have a list that shows the names and members, any new activity or comments and dates, etc. It's easy to find what you are looking for and wish to follow.

Just thought I'd point this out because I'm pretty sure there are many others who don't realize the cool features of it any more than I did and I've been here a long time.

It's clearly one of the most Under-utilized features of the entire forum. I heartily recommend it for personal use and for some really cool blogs that are already over there to enjoy. I only wish I'd been aware of it sooner.

Have fun when you try it out!! I know you will.