Siding my Pierce

peggyquade

post-924-1160603090_thumb.jpgpost-924-1160603139.gifI am finally done putting the siding on the Pierce! What a job! But I just put the last piece of siding on the tower of the Pierce I am doing for my friend Sheila. I have a lot of wood puttying and sanding to do and then I'll take some pictures and post them. Hard work as it was, I really like the long sight lines of the siding along the sides of the house and I think I would like to do siding on my own Pierce (glutten for punishment, what can I say?). I have been using 1/2" wide strips of wood, overlapping them about 1/16" but I do have a few pieces of already beveled strips of wood...does anyone know where you can buy that? I thought Micro-Mark sold it but all they have is flat wood, sheets of siding, dowels, etc. I would like to find the individual strips of already beveled wood, preferably cedar.

Sheila wants me now to paint the whole exterior with a white primer...that will be interesting to see...talk about the white Orchid...this will be the white Annabelle! With white on the entire house, Sheila will then have a clean slate to be able to start painting the different colors she wants on the house.

What a bummer you can't keep the house! After all the hard work with the siding! I didn't realize you are building it for someone else!

It looks really cool with siding. I can't wait to see what colors she chooses. I love the transformation a house makes when the paintbrush hits it! I put 3 coats of paint on my federal before it looked the way i wanted it to!

Where do you get your siding? Do you buy individual pieces or does it come in bundles?

It's indivdual strips of wood that I've had for years but Micro Mark sells them in bundles of 10 for $7.85...24" long strips of basswood, 1/2" x 1/16". Mine were cedar but I don't know if you can get that anymore. I do have my own Pierce kit, waiting in the wings so doing Sheila's Pierce is a good way to figure out what I want to do with my own!