Awkward detail

jrchob

I take it the arch can't be move further down along the wall? I was thinking of those dining rooms in real houses next to the entries. They make an opening from the entry and also from the formal living room by not using walls, but a series of decorative posts instead that support the arches where the walls would be. Maybe if the arch and the other opening could be lined up, the could end together in a post of some kind? Just a thought.

I take it the arch can't be move further down along the wall? I was thinking of those dining rooms in real houses next to the entries. They make an opening from the entry and also from the formal living room by not using walls, but a series of decorative posts instead that support the arches where the walls would be. Maybe if the arch and the other opening could be lined up, the could end together in a post of some kind? Just a thought.

Thanks for the input! I am trying to visualize the idea. There is no other opening except for the arch. Do you mean the front door opening?As you come in the front door to the R is a room and to the left is a room. The arch wall divides the space.