Duct tape Fashion Doll CLothes and Accessories

I have started using the colored and animal print duct tape to make clothing and other things for Barbies and Bratz dolls. They are all removeable and fasten with double sided tape. The video on Youtube that inspired me used velcro to make a fastener for the clothes but that would be too expensive for me. I still need to learn how to make a nice, even top for vintage Barbies form the 80 but the Bratz doll top and skirt look great. They are a non-metallic gold colored tape with a heart and belt made from metallic silver tape. It's a nice contrast and it almost looks like a one piece dress! The purses look a bit better. I have even made knee high boots from the silver!

Intereting. I used some leftover sock yarn to knit an outfit for the bjd knockoff dolls I found on clearance at Wally World. Once we get a workshop and I can move all the dollhouse stuff out of my craftroom I want to set up a sewing area and make them a few more outfits, as well as the Flava dolls and some of the multitude of 1:6 dolls I have awaiting rehabs and donation to Toys for Tots or other services for getting toys to needy kids.

I just redid an old Barbie dress that was supposed to look like leather but after 20 years, the paint started to fall off. The duct tape's sheen makes it look like leather and I used the metallic silver as the base and added strips of zebra print tape for some pizazz. All I did was cut pieces of duct tap and placed them over the front and sides of the dress to cover where the damage occured. I left the sleeves alone since they were made of a fishnet type fabric and I didn't think it loud look nice if I did. The dress was the Earring Magic Barbie mini that came with the doll. I'm going to do the same with me Barbiw and the Rockers Hot Rockin' Derek doll gold jacket.. It is also flaking and has seen better days.

Edited by yorkie_owner_85

I'd love to see those! One of the books I spotted in a remainder bookstore once was The Art of Making Beautiful Fashion Doll Shoes by Timothy J Albert & M Dalton King. I thought about that book for a few years, it was still there each time we went, so one trip I could stand it no longer and bought it! I finally have some dolls I want to make new shoes for.