Using Batteries for Electrical Powering as opposed to Transformers

tilliejam62

Can anyone direct me to a tutorial on how to use batteries as an electrical power source. I am working on a very small shadow box scene with two wall scounces and would like to use a battery for the electrical power as oppose to a transformer.

The two scounces have plugs for plugging into a power strip. Any info would be much appreciated.

I have no clue on where to purchase nor how to accomplish this.

Okay; just after posting my inquiry about using batteries I found an old post (August 2011) on this very topic and found some terrific info. It was suggested contacting Cir-Kit Concepts. I found their website and have their telephone number; so I will contact them about their battery holders, which they have several different types.

Tillie, if you're only working with a room box, or the smaller scales, check out this website. It has LEDs that are battery operated. I just purchased some to use with the small scale - haven't used them yet, but they look promising.

www.modeltrainsoftware.com/lightsforminis.html

I already have the two scounces and they as well as the other pieces Im using in the shadow box are all 1" scale. I do not want to dismantle the scounces and replace with the LED lights cause Im afraid I may ruin them especially since I do not know what Im doing. LOL

In my searching I've found that Cir-Kit Concepts has the battery holder (for cell batteries) that looks like an old dresser so I think Im going with that; have to figure out how to hook them up to the batteries. Im sure there should be some instructions included with the dresser. I do not plan to display the dresser but keep it outside the shadow box, concealed behind it.