excuse to buy new tools?

captnjohnny

i was reading an older book from my library and i found a mini lathe made by dremel (YEEEEE HAAAA THIS LOOKS LIKE FUN!!!!!).i went to there web page but i could not find anything on it there . i would like to have a mini lathe for making spindles and such. does anyone else here do work on a lathe ? what are some of the models avalible now? where should i go to look at them? i could do some neat stuff with one of these things.o the posibilitys.ok ok i guesse you may have figured out by now im a tool junkie also.and i thought i was done when i got my dremel tool haha.ok and i got a scroll also the other day from my pops its fun also. i just cant leave all that new bench space bare can i ? well any way if any one has any info on a mini lathe or can direct me somewhere i would really appreciate it.

thankyou very much

captnjohnny

Hey Johnny, Love your pic :blink:

But I have to correct something here - men don't have "excuses" to buy tools - we have Reasons to buy tools :( heheh .. of course sometimes I don't get around to using them right away -like my mini lathe.. actually I'm not even sure all the parts are there - that's what I get for buying it at a flea market. If you have a Harbor Frieght near you they carry a mini lathe. I think it runs around $50 but I'm not sure how large of stock it will handle - it's pretty small but it looks to be just about the right size to do dollhouse miniatures - though I have to say I'm guessing since I don't know how to use one. Also I'm pretty sure Micro Mark carries one but they tend to be a bit more pricey. I've looked at them on Ebay too but those are way more than I want to spend not being much of a tool officinado.

Wish I could help more but those are the places I know of to look at least - maybe you can get more out of reading descriptions that I can - I'm not as tool savvy as I wish I was.

-David :D