new hobby

ilovecats

I've discovered a new hobby this week, it's called villaging. i had never heard of it, but i have been doing it the past two christmas seasons apparently. Another extension of a great miniature world.

Anyway, i went to michaels this week to see if i could find any halloween items to use for my haunted house. i discovered a set of 4 battery operated pumpkin set that will work great!

We now have 5 haunted buildings and some misc display/figurine pieces for a haunted village :) I added a photo album in my webshots with the village stuff i have so far. More stuff is on the way from ebay!

It's really a cool hobby, i discovered a forum dedicated to villaging, specifically halloween/haunted. The displays these people have created are so incredible! They set up and build the villages just like rail road modelers build their displays....down to the moss, ballast, hills, stone mountains, cliffs, the works. I am so inspired to create my own year round display area. The only place i can make a cat free zone is one of the spare bedrooms.....which has a dollhouse and scrapbooking stuff in it. We are going to set up tables with fabric skirts and i will hide all the scrapbook and misc stuff under the tables. This is going to be so cool. This year i hope to start on constructing at least one mountain before halloween!

I see this an another extension of the miniature world, just a different scale!

Oh what fun! Sounds like you've an excellent plan for your setup :) Can't wait to see how you display it. Is Halloween really that close? Time sure flies. You only have a little over 60 days to build your mountain!

And BTW, good luck on making the BR a cat-free zone -- y'know those little darlins have their ways of getting into where they're not supposed to be :)