National NAME Day

Me me! I have not been interested in miniatures in a while and am just starting to get back "into" them now. Tomorrow is our club's NAME day, since the Bishop show was nearby today (didn't go though). We are building our hutches and have a few guests from another club joining us. I'm really looking forward to it!

I'll post pics of my hutch afterwards.

Did you celebrate? Build a hutch? Mine will be in half scale.

Didn't do the hutch . But my grand-daughter and I did spend a wonderful time a a local store* (along with over 40 others) creating a "scene". It was such a fun day. I don't have a photo of my grand-daughter's as I forgot my camera but she did a great job. I still have to do some touch up. I will place the fireplace in my "Santa" home (upcoming project).

What a great day.

Lisa R.

* Shellie's Miniature Mania

Haven't finished my hutch, yet, but here it is so far. This is with a coat of brick red paint and I plan to paint over that in a cream color and distress it so the red shows through. We'll see. I also left off the drawers since I thought it made the front look too crowded after I had placed the doors, but I may make more narrow drawer fronts and add them. The doors and drawers are non working false fronts, and the hutch is in half scale. Our club was so lucky to have our kits cut by Laser Me This in MD. They are wonderfully cut and go together so nicely!

Sorry about the picture quality. Didn't feel like getting out the camera so it's from my phone.

post-1680-1286207020_thumb.jpg