Refinishing my first dollhouse

Joyologist

Hello Rachell, I am a new member of this forum also. When I was a child I always wanted a dollhouse it never happen, a niece of mine had a barbie one and we had lots of fun. I am now married with a daughter, she is eight yrs and a few months ago I was trying to decided what to buy her for christmas. At first I thought a bigger bike(she had one before) ,a puzzle(she loves puzzles) ,Ms Potter complete storybook. After looking at all this, I was searching Amazon for 100 times, a little greenleaf dollhouse (The Orchid) popup I am hook for life. So now I am on adventure, I have already bought The Storybook cottage for her (she don't know it yet), on which I will use the Ms Potter theme for this special little cottage for my princess. The house has been delivered to my sister in New York and she will be coming to Antigua (about a 1000 miles away) for Christmas the wait is :p I wish she come today. So happy mini and I will keep you guys posted when it arrives. ps I have already started a little garden scene for the yard, My daughter call it mommy project. I even ask her for some of her shell and stone (she collects them B) I very smooth). Bye for now.

Leudia, do not walk, RUN over to the Newcomers' Forum and introduce yourself! The Orchid is a great first build! and there are two building blogs to read to help get you started with ideas. I have built two and have another one awaiting rehab (I rehabilitate houses that people build with hot glue, because the hot glue formula has changed and no longer holds the houses together very well, so I rebuild them using carpenteer's wood glue).

I found the E6000 adhesive in Walmart yesterday in the crafts section. It was not in the hardware or stationary sections, so if anyone else is looking for it, check by craft paints/glues. I am so happy to have enough posts now to post pics. I promise to work on that soon. Right now I need to focus on the holidays!

PS Where to get 1" scale trees to decorate for dollhouses for Christmas?