O Guage or 1/4 Scale horse drawn buggy

Shelly N

Looking for to purchase at a reasonable price. or to make! Now that I am working on the GL Village and one of the building is a carriage house I would love to have the carriage, buggy whatever to put in it just to finish off the scene. Am also looking for how to's to make items to hang on the walls, harness, bridles, hay bales, tools, horseshoes. Anyone?

PS I will be posting some updated pictures of my paperclay stones and rocks painted in the last topic I started!

Shelly N

I got a crafty looking horse and Amish buggy some years ago from the woodworking dealer at the Bird-in-Hand, PA farmers market picture is in my village pictures

O scale horses are relatively easy try Bowser in their Selley cast pewter figures, Artista also pewter possibly Preiser from Germany even Life Like and Bachman in the Plasticville line

For buggys, carriages and wagons I am sure there are suitable vehicles out there

Part wise Bowser probably has cast metal spoked wheels in a couple of sizes scratch build the rest

I will possibly need to do more research

Ed

Ed and Havanholly. I have the horses! Am just looking for some kind of wagon to put in the carriage house! I searched a LOT Of train sites and I can find HO scale but not any O scale. And yes, O and 1/4" are the same supposedly. Thanks.

I was thinking some of the collectable village accessories might include a carriage or wagon of an acceptable design. Also you might check out some of the historical theme park sites for souvenirs that might work.

Yesterday afternoon, at Hobbytown USA, I saw rather nice horses in HO and O gauge, but I wasn't looking for wagons. Hobbytown USA is a franchised chain, so there might be one near you -- don't trust the corporate Web site to tell you what's really in stock at a given store.

Walthers is the major online source for model railroading. I found the Preiser horses I'd seen at the store but am fumbling for the right search terms to identify the kind of horse-and-buggy you want.

Oakridge Hobbies is often a win because it carries both toy trains and dollhouses.

Plastruct is another standard source for tiny building supplies.

Holly's correct that holiday villages are around 1:48 for accessories (the range seems to be 1:48 to about 1:30), if you can find a Christmas store that thus keeps them in stock year-round.

And there's always eBay. Here's a direct link to the O-gauge train accessories section.

Components for building wagons/carriages are out there too. I looked through my links for suitable stuff and found cast metal wheels probably the most difficult part of building a horse drawn vehicle

I am sure there are other suppliers duch as circus craft that may have a variety of wagon kits as well as suitable bits and pieces

Ed