I HAVE GARFIELD "KITCHEN STEP-ITIS"!!!

maresiedotes

I know there was an earlier post that dealt with the kitchen steps on the Garfield, but it still didn't help me. I'm a bit spatially challenged, and have tried every configuration imaginable and don't seem to be able to come up with anything that looks right. The pictures in the instructions and on the box top don't help me that much either, since you can't see what was done underneath. Help!! Is there anyone who understands this? Should I call Greenleaf Customer Service?

Thanks so much, friends...I appreciate whatever help you might have for me.

Frustratedly,

Constructing a future dreamhouse... :lol:

The steps don't stick out. The small squares go on the inside flush with the front foundation part. The riser goes glued to that middle piece and then you glue the step inside over the two small square pieces. I hope this helps. I took pictures but I have to make them small and right now I am headed to work so if by this afternoon you haven't gotten it done then email me and I will send you pictures of when I did it.

Angie

As a fellow Garfield building I have to say that I have "misplaced" my parts for the stairs so they are still not complete. I know they are around somewhere... just can't fine them yet!

Sorry I know that doesn't help you....

Good luck!

Hi

I was also stumped on this step (no pun intended!). The instructions are not very clear. As Angie said they are not extended like the front steps. They are kind of built into the porch. If I recall, there is a support that goes in the middle of the step from underneath. You have to install it with the foundation. You can see it in my gallery on page 6. The beginning pictures of my Garfield.

Hope this helps :lol:

:D:D:) Irene, I love you! It helped me so much to see those stairs in your wonderful pictures, and I think I can get them in now, thanks to you. I'm still not exactly sure where the two square step ends actually go, but I guess it doesn't matter all that much if what's underneath won't be seen and I can actually get the steps in. I really appreciate your help... I hope my Garfield will look at least half as nice as yours when it grows up! :lol: :o Thanks again...you're an angel!

Maresiedotes

I have "misplaced" my parts for the stairs so they are still not complete.

I think it will probably be just fine without those steps...How about some pictures of what you're doing?

Thanks, Jaime, for being sympathetic! :) I still feel so intimidated by this house. B)

Maresiedotes

I think it will probably be just fine without those steps...How about some pictures of what you're doing?

Thanks, Jaime, for being sympathetic! :o I still feel so intimidated by this house. :lol:

Maresiedotes

Maresiedotes-

liknks to my photos are under my signature. Let me know what you think!

Jamie, your house is Beautiful!! I love the roof you've decided to put on. You're doing a magnificent job. How did you cut those skinny sticks on the porch once you had them all glued on? I might try something like that. It looks soooo nice!

Thank you maresiedotes! The roof was easy! Just a bunch of spraying, rather than countless hours painting/staining shingles and then all the time it takes to glue them on each individual peice at a time. :)

For the porch and skinny sticks, if I had planned it better I could have cut them to fit as I went along, but as it was I wanted more randomness, than a pattern. I had to do a lot of trimming when they were all dry. I had a huge blister from the little handheld cutter. Forget what it is called but its a bit larger than the size of pliers and kindof work like nail cutters. Might have ben better if I had a little electric saw type "thingy"... LOL

I haven't done any work on the Garfield in the last month or so. My parents were visiting from Florida and we had boxes everywhere as we got ready for the big garage sale (last weekend). The house is still a mess and trying to do a little bit at a time to put it back in order. Got a bunch of clothes that my boy has grown out of and trying to find them a good them before giving them to Salvation Army or something so I've got 4 large boxes sitting in my living room and really in the way. We moved my son's bed to give my parents a room of thier own for the month they were here and finally got his bed moved back 4 days after they left. I can't start working this weekend. Got a "play date" on Sat. for my son that I really would like to get out of, but can't; Sun. is Father's Day. Then next weekend Sat. is my niece's Preschool graduation party, and Sun. is my husband's best firend's child bday.

I want time for me!! boo hoo hoo... :D I've got wallpaper, window trim, base boards, ceiling mouldings, etc. to finish!

Jamie, isn't it funny how everything gets in the way of perfectly good dollhouse construction time?? Although I bet the visit from your parents was great for everybody. Grandparents have to get their time in if they live far away...those grandchildren are so precious. I wish you luck on finding time! Thanks again for your help. :)