The Tennyson roof sections

Just One More

Laser cut or not, putting the roof on the Tennyson took a lot of adjusting. There isn't really much to hold it on the house. The tabs and slots on a few pieces are all that hold it on. The heaviest section with the bay window was the worst. For such a heavy piece it needs a ledge or something to keep it from going crooked. I finally got it on with half a roll of masking tape. The little triangle roof supports don't match the angles when the roof is all put together so that's going to take some adjusting. I can't see how they would support anything anyway. I'll put them on after those areas are wallpapered. You definitely need the pillar roof support. I was going to put stairs up to the third floor but may just make some faux pull down stairs with a ladder like in the Rosedale. There are so many sections of roof I don't think I'll shingle. I think I'll just get some of those thin strips at Hobby Lobby and put strips of wood an inch or so apart and paint it. With all the porch trim and everything if you make any mistakes it would be hard to find them. :lol: Everything else went together so easy, everything fit perfectly so I was surprised the roof was such a problem. I'm still trying to get my pics to go in the gallery but so far, no luck. Even with directions I just can't get it to upload my pics.

The Tennyson roof is a challenge on the "original" Tennyson as well. I had a devil of a time getting mine to fit right (I'm rehabbing a Tennyson). And yes, the pillar is necessary. I was going to do without it, but over time the roof will sag without it.

I reversed the staircase in mine, too.I'll be interested to see what your laser cut version looks like when you're done.

• 1 month later...
The Tennyson roof is a challenge on the "original" Tennyson as well. I had a devil of a time getting mine to fit right (I'm rehabbing a Tennyson). And yes, the pillar is necessary. I was going to do without it, but over time the roof will sag without it.

I reversed the staircase in mine, too.I'll be interested to see what your laser cut version looks like when you're done.

I know from experience though that the roof goes back together nicely after the Tennyson is nearly destroyed by a two year old. :chat:

I know from experience though that the roof goes back together nicely after the Tennyson is nearly destroyed by a two year old. :chat:

What about a moving company? :p I'm going to rehab the one I had as a kid someday, and the roof and railings were totally done in by careless "professionals" - just devastating, really.

I do recall my dad had a heckuva time getting the roof on as well, though it didn't help that my 6-year-old self had glued the windows on in the wrong direction!