Should I go for it?

Hi again. I have Polar Lights' Enterprise 1:1000 scale Enterprise NCC-1701 & NX-01 model kits, & a 1:25 scale DeLorean. It would be great if they made in-scale models of the Enterprises A, B, C, D, & E. I also have a couple of Millennium Falcon models. I won't complain about the price of Fine Molds' Falcon model.

Glen's daughter is a lucky girl. ;)

Hi Chris, the Polar Lights kits are great, Thomas Sasser is a master, and all around nice guy. He posts quite a bit on the Hobbytalk modeling forums. He was the pattern maker for the 1/1000th 1701 and the 1/350th Refit. BTW, if you like the PL Trek kits you might want to think about the 1/350th, it might not be around a whole lot longer. As for the Falcon, the Fine Molds is amazing, at over 900 parts, worth the price. If that's steep, and you have an AMT (inaccurate Falcon) Starship Modeler sells a resin accurizing kit for something like 60 bucks that totally changes the AMT kit. I got my Falcon at a presale intro price of something like 175 with shipping, it's an amazing kit, even unbuilt in the box. I'm gonna build the cheaper kit as a test bed straight out of the box to practice the weathering.

andrew,

The guys at the clubhouse forums may be able to help you find the color your looking for. Congrats on your new aquisition.

Thanks for the advice, according to Martin it's available at auto body supply stores, but then he is in England. If I can't find anything there I'll certainly check those forums.