Printing Wallpaper

AllThingsMini

I read somewhere on small stuff that one lady who had listed her wallpaper links used regular cardstock, then sprayed it after it had sat for a few minutes with a matte sealer.......i have always used regular printer paper, or photo matte paper,

then sprayed it to seal it.

Lisa -- I read those same (or similar) instructions on the wonderful site:

http://www.kawarthalakesminis.com/printableshomepage.html

Wallpaper and helpful and historic hints to die for!

She uses a spray matte sealer. I downloaded some of her papers and dying to try printing them.

Ruby, my ink jet uses waterproof paper also, but sometimes I can make some light smudges accidently. of course. Also, I was hoping that the sealing would keep it from fading?

:p

I haven't noticed any fading with mine, but the paper is only a couple of years old. A quick test would be to treat half the paper with sealer and leave the other half untreated. Put in hot sun for however long it takes to see fading on the untreated side. I'd do it, but it's raining...of course I could check the integrity of my ink :p

Personally, I just don't like the fumes from the sealer. Even the odorless type gives me headaches, that's why I don't use the stuff.

I cruise alot of scrapbook sites, and there is a free download on this site:

www.thevintageworkshop.com

I copied them to a CD and printed three of them off for my scrap album of my minis--I printed them out on regular photo imaging paper and sprayed mine with a craft sealer I had on hand(Judith, I remembered Jennifer's tips too--her wallpapers are beautiful!) and was keeping those tips in mind with these vintage prints.......it works. even on regular paper...which I tried also. My pics and vintage prints I let dry about five minutes and they were good to go.

I posted this site because I think alot of people here would love the CD rom's you can buy loaded with vintage pics--they could be resized for cards, a shop, etc in mini. Also, they have tips and tricks link on their website too.

How fun! :p I had never heard of printing your own wallpaper before. This is too cool! I've printed and sealed three sheets for the living room of my next dollhouse. It's so much easier to match and adjust colors for everything. Thanks! :p

and just where is our eyecandy? :p

I need to get some ink for my printer...I am soooo on the low side of it.

lol like printing black is now purple/blue... :blink:

it happens

nutti :p

:p Tee-hee! Just because I have the living room ready, doesn't mean I have the dollhouse yet. :p But it should come in today. I'm so excited! I've got big plans for this Aurthur. It is going to be a pretend cottage for when my husband and I are old and retired. I have already picked out a resin grandma and grandpa to represent us in our old age. I even have made a really cool fireplace out of pink insulation foam with our initials carved into it.