MagEyes

Missymew

The MagEyes that I'd ordered from HBS arrived on Monday. Wow, don't know how I worked on my mini and micro projects without them. They're comfortable too. I have such a clearer view of my work.

Ray just looks at me wearing this contraption on my head and laughs. I threaten him that I'm going to wear them when we go out somewhere.

-Susanne

I threaten him that I'm going to wear them when we go out somewhere.

Threat? When we're going on long trips I alternate between snoozing & stitching (the fabric I'm stitching now is too small & I'm using a jeweler's loupe for it), and for most mini stitching (especially knitting) I LOVE mine :blink:

using a jeweler's loupe for it), and for most mini stitching (especially knitting) I LOVE mine :blink:

Is a jeweler's loupe similar to the MagEyes? I'll look on the internet to see what one looks like. Hey vanity is out the window for me. I want to be able to continue to work in miniatures (and read and do crosswords and other puzzles). That's whats important.

-Susanne

A jeweler's loupe is the little gizmo that attaches to the earpiece on eyeglasses and hangs over one glasses' lens; there are two magnifiers that can be used singly or together, one behind the other. For the twiddliest mini stitching (I crossstitched on handkerchief linen once) I've used the single inner lens, and for the 1:24 Aubusson I'm using the outermost single lens. My visor-type magnifier I have now replaced the flip-up style, is has four sets of binocular lenses and a light, and is great for 40-count linen & coarser.

Ray just looks at me wearing this contraption on my head and laughs. I threaten him that I'm going to wear them when we go out somewhere.

-Susanne

heheheheeheehe I like the way you think. I've tried that with Bruce but it doesn't work. He counters by saying he'll put on a tropical shirt, black socks and sandals. <sigh> The man just don't play fair. :blink:

Deb