Printing on fabric

Today I tried printing on fabric using the butchers paper idea. It worked well. I can not show what I made as it is part of the next swap, but if anyone wants to try it, what I did was:

Ironed fabric smooth

Cut a piece of butchers paper 8X10 inches

Ironed it shiny (waxed) side touching the fabric

After cooling put it in printer

set printer setting to mat heavey weight paper

pushed print.

Pealed the fabric off off the paper

The only flaw as a slight ink mess in one of the corners, when the machine started to pull the paper in It is on the edge of the paper and will not affect my design as a design usually does not print to the edge anyways.

Well off to print and craft.

Melissa

Woohooo!! Isn't it great!! Being able to print on fabric really increases design potential for sooooooooooo many things. If you want to print something that is going to need washed, or you just want it to last forever without fading, you can soak the fabric in Bubble Jet Set first, let it dry and then iron it to the paper. Follow it up with the Bubble Jet Set rinse and the ink will seal right in and stay fresh even if you wash it.

I can't wait to see what you come up with Melissa!

Deb

setting the ink may be a good idea if one wants to wash the item. I use epson ink, the kind that is guaranetted against water and sunlight for umpteen years or something like that. I am nopt sure I will be washing what i am making.

Melissa