Magnolia question about the windows

Looking at the picture and instructions for the window caps for the magnolia it is a bit confusing. The caps in the picture appear to be glued to the window frame which creates a void between the back of the cap and the exterial wall. The instructions seem to place the caps directly on the wall above the entire window frame. Of the picture though I don't see any void. Has anyone else built the magnolia?

-Dave

I'm not sure what you're asking Dave, so I'll give you a couple pix to look at. If that's not it, then tell me again, but remember, I'm a "woman" ....

post-6-1144030740_thumb.jpgpost-6-1144030768_thumb.jpgpost-6-1144030805_thumb.jpg

After close examination of the picture on the Joann.com site, it appears to be offset. Their site has a picture of the house that is zoomable. I detected a slight shadow which indicates that is is offset. The part that I am talking about the curve piece on top of the exterior of the window sashes.

-Dave

Hmmm. That's the dark blue piece on my windows, right? It just lays on there, right on top of the top of the window frame, but not on the actual house itself. Yes, there is a little gap there. There was another part too, but my kit was very old and they all shattered when I tried to take them out, so I left them off.

Here are some closer pix.

post-6-1144103024_thumb.jpgpost-6-1144103051_thumb.jpgpost-6-1144103063_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

I started building the Magnolia Sunday and when the glue's dry on the chimney I'll only have the roof left to do. I put the pediments on the exterior wall centered over and touching the tops of the frames. I managed to get the pediment caps to punch out with minimum destruction. This is SUCH an elegant house! As soon as I finish the house and the film roll and the blog opens I'll post pictures. This house is barely squeezing out the Glencroft as my favorite build so far.