1910 Pittsburgh newspaper

grazhina

Parts of the Dec 6, 1910 Pittsburgh Dispatch are on my website Voices From the Past.

The Dispatch was one of the major American papers of it's day. Nellie Bly worked for the Dispatch while writing some of her famous news stories. I've got some ads, some sports stories, society tidbits, commodities trading (actually rather interesting, I thought, even though I didn't quite understand it all) and a few other things. There's a news story about immigration and a short bit about a stockholder suing a company that seems timely. There's also classifieds.

I wish I'd had more pages of these papers. I couldn't even reprint everything, because the pages had torn from being folded for so many years.

I do have a few pages of a 1953 paper, and since I'm on a roll (and frankly, I can get compulsive about things) I'm going to tackle it. The store ads are too big for my scanner, so I'll have to photograph them and work from there.