Seattle Dollhouse & Miniatures Show

Lisa_F

I went to the Seattle Dollhouse & Miniatures show today with my husband - it's the first dollhouse show I have ever been to and I was like a kid in a candy shop!!!

The blurb I read online said there would be somewhere around 95 vendors and dealers - and while I didn't actually count them, I don't think there were nearly that many - but there were more than enough to ensure I walked out of there with an empty wallet :angry: My husband did a pretty good job too emptying out his wallet on my behalf :( I won't get to see the stuff he got until my birthday though. I got several nice things to put into my dollhouse - as soon as I make one for myself!

I was a little disappointed though that there weren't more displays of dollhouses & room boxes. There weren't very many - unless they were in an area of the building that I didn't find.

All in all it was a great day-trip!

Lisa

You always know you've had a good day, Lisa, when you go home with a smile on your face and an empty wallet! I'm glad you had a nice day!! :angry:

You always know you've had a good day, Lisa, when you go home with a smile on your face and an empty wallet!

And it was empty!!! Good thing I left the money for the ferry home in the glove box :angry: I know myself well enough that if I'd had it with me - we probably would've had to drive around the long way instead of taking the ferry home!

But I did restrain myself from not pulling out the ole' credit card (pats self on back) - At the last table I was at - the dealer had tons and tons of handmade food items - cakes, cookies, turkeys & all the trimmings - you name it - it was there. And her artistry was absolutely phenominal! I was having a real struggle with myself at that table - a mental tug of war not to dig out the credit card - but I was *good* and only bought two things from her table and paid with the last of my cash. Helped to walk away from the table with her business card in my purse and knowing she only lives maybe an hour's drive from me!

I would love to be able to make the things she does. Everything was just incredible and so real looking.

Lisa