Max's Greenhouse

judithfa

As you can see in the pictures of Toad Hall on my site, Max has a greenhouse. This came in an off-white color, which is pleasant. I am considering painting it to match his house: paint the “timbers” the same as the timbers in his house and spray paint the base areas between the timbers to match the house. Is this too much of the same colors?

Thanks

:lol:

In my very humble opinion, I would just paint the panels in between the timbers to match the house and leave the timbers off-white. I guess just like to see bright and cheery greenhouses. :lol:

Shutterbugkc

Judith, Check out the greenhouses around you. Most of the ones I've seen are white or off-white framing for the glass. I think it would be nice if the panels were the color of Max's house, like the contractor wanted to carry over the color... Why not make paper or card templates of the panels & try the color on that? If you like how it looks, then go for it.

The off white sounds nice, and probably in period. Is Max's house the one in Fredericksburg? I remember your story line. Alot of the homes in Old Towne go with a Colonial color scheme--(I know, Chris and I trot up there frequently to Josie's ) the colors sound nice that you mentioned.

Max lives in Williamsburg. I think maybe I should paint papers different colors and stick them on to the greenhouse and see which combination of colors and textures "Max" likes. Sometimes the things you think are going to be easy to resolve, are not! Well, at least he has a roof!

:blink:

:unsure: Sounds like Max needs a Mini-interior decorator! That would be neat, have a doll holding fabrics and buckets of paint, or a book of paint chips, and show them to Max. Chris wanted me to put a mini painter with paint buckets and sawhorses and a ladder in front of his rowhomes, with an 'under construction' sign....

can't wait to see what you decide on!

Lisa -- it's funny what you just said. When I was roofing Max's house and really gritting my teeth with the time it was taking and the amount of slates I had to keep cutting :unsure: -- I was going to cut a mini blue tarp and put it over the unfinished part of the roof, put a tall ladder against the house, and call it finished! B)

:o

I was going to cut a mini blue tarp and put it over the unfinished part of the roof, put a tall ladder against the house, and call it finished!

Email from DMIL in Sun City Center (SE of Tampa) that many houses STILL have blue tarps on their roofs. Is Max moving to the Gulf Coast :unsure: ?

Not a bad idea, Holly! The worst sections of the Glencroft for me were the two angled sections on each side of the back roof. Of course, I left them for last when my temper was at its boiling point<_<

:unsure:

Haven't gotten there yet, I had a very satisfying solution to the dilemma of installing the diviging partition & the second floor, shich didn't want to "slide" in, I bashed that rascal in with a hammer!

I really like the little boxed stairway, which is where I am in the assembly of the Glencroft. So far I'm not sure if I want to bash it much, yet, but I've only been working on it since Weds.

Keep the hammer handy

Better solution by the time I got to wall "F" was to "shave" the sides of the slots a bare splinter's width. I wish the instructions had an illustration for aligning & gluing the stairway beam, naturally I glued it backwards/ upsidedown the first time! I went ahead & began some modest bashing with the hearths...

BTW the house fits under the camper bed like it was made for it :lol: but no way the big toolbox would go under the dinette seat; I'm going to use it for a "bedstep".

We leave in the AM, no telling when or if we'll have internet access again.