Newbies (almost) need help

journeyer

:p We just bought an old duracraft victorian mansion kit VM 800 along with some accessories. The Kit is complete but given that we have only put together one small( 2 rooms w/attic) house we are a wee bit daunted by this behemoth. :) We are going to forge ahead anyway! However we have some questions and need advice. Such as:

ELectrical: We want to wire as we assemble but what are the best kits to buy? Are some easier to work with?

Color Palette: Help Hint...Hint...Hint Our granddaughter loves pink, naturally, so we thought of a rose shade or a creamy yellow. Accent colors are thoring us though. suggestions appreciated. Latex or oil? We used oil on the small house.

Best Glue? We used something called GRRIP before but it is no longer available B)

Thanks for your help and wish us luck ( We are trying to complete it by Christmas, of course)

Trish

Take a gander at the Dura-Craft Cambridge in my "houses" album, it's dusty rose with white & almond accents. I use satin interior latex paint because it's soap & water cleanup. My glue of cherce is Probond, a wood glue.

I can't help you on the electrics, but here's Darrell's tutorial.