The order of the pics in the gallery

Cuppa-Tea

Is is possible to change the settings on the gallery so that you see the photo strip in the order that the pics were loaded, rather than in backwards order? I know I can view them in order in the slide show, but then I don't see the captions and comments. I'd like to see them in logical order - the first pics first. Is that possible?

TELL ME ABOUT IT.  I want to be able to upload pictures and then organize them once in the gallery as I sometimes find a picture that should be somewhere it isnt after uplpading

Ed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd like that option too!

• 2 weeks later...

There is now a sort feature available in the Gallery. Once you enter an index page, will you will find this new feature at the bottom of the page. The sort filter is quite comprehensive and I feel that it will address most peoples concerns.

Thanks!

Dean

I don't mean to be a pain, but even after clicking the "ascending"option on the index page, the pics in the individual albums are still shown in backwards order. see here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...album&album=178

The option seems to reorganize the albums, but not their contents.

Again, sorry to be a pain!

If I understand you correctly, newly upload photos would be at the end of your album, right? If you take a look at your example, that means new photos that you upload to that gallery will not appear on the first page, but the second. The members albums operate on the same principle as our forum, newest on top. I can reverse the order, but that means that when you enter the main members gallery, you would have to go to the last page (currently page 13) to see the newly upload pictures. I think we had it set up this way initially and the participation in the Gallery was very poor.

Using the pin feature might accomplish what you want to do. Pin the photos in the order you would like them to appear. Unfortunately, this method of sorting the pictures won't hold during the slide show option.

Please let me know if the pin feature works for you. I happen to enjoy looking through the gallery so I will do all I can to maximize it features.

Thanks!

Dean

I agree that we want the most recently uploaded albums to appear first. I was talking about the order of the photos within an individual album. It sounds like this "pin" feature would accomplish this, but how do I access it? I looked at the Edit function, and all it allows is changing the name of the album.

I just double checked and when you're looking at an individual picture (the film strip below it screen), there is a button above the picture that says "pin". You may need to have more then one picture in you album for this option to become visible.

Using the pin feature might accomplish what you want to do. Pin the photos in the order you would like them to appear. Unfortunately, this method of sorting the pictures won't hold during the slide show option.

Pinning the photos in the order I want them to appear doesn't seem to work. It is still sorting them in order of most recently uploaded, first all the pinned photos, then all the unpinned photos. It looks like the best I can do is delete all the pictures, then upload them again in reverse order.

I'm guessing that there is some kind of global parameter and you can't change the order of the photos within an album without affecting the order the albums appear on the main page, that is, that the most recent have to always come first.