Project Dollhouse

I just got an email from our good friend Ernie at Hobby Builders Supply and he's put together a program called Project Dollhouse that you might be intreasted in. In conjuction with The Home Depot® and a fantastic organization called Girls Incorporated®, HBS/miniatures.com is helping some amazing girls help themselves.

Here is what Ernie wrote:

The objective of Project Dollhouse, a community outreach partnership, was to engage girls from ages five to 18 in a friendly competition of constructing and decorating dollhouses. In September 2005, a total of 175 teams of girls received the donated dollhouses, as well as HBS/miniatures.com Gift Certificates to help with finishing and decorating them. Each completed dollhouse was submitted to a panel of judges for review. The judges selected 20 teams of finalists who were invited to an awards ceremony in Atlanta earlier this month.

I wish you could have seen these girls, all dressed up and happy. About 700 of them from 18 states attended the inaugural event. Each team had written a story about the dollhouse they created ... some fictional, others heartbreakingly true. The stories really brought home the message that the Girls Inc. philosophy of empowering and educating girls, particularly those in high-risk areas, was making a difference in the lives of many.

Girls Inc. encourages young women to be "Strong, Smart and Bold," and Project Dollhouse was conceived as a fun way to help these girls give back to the community that has helped them. In that spirit, 122 of the teams donated their beloved dollhouses for auction on eBay. Proceeds from the sales of the dollhouses will be used to benefit the Girls Incorporated organization.

So, I urge you to vist eBay to view these inspired dollhouses. Each story is included. I know that after reading them, you'll want to get involved as much as I did. We need more programs like this in today's world, and bidding on one of these beautiful dollhouses shows these special girls that we care and support them.

Many thanks,

Ernie

Personally, I think this sounds like a great program! I too urge you to visit eBay to see for yourself!

Thanks!

Dean

I also received that email and went to eBay to have a look. There are some very nice dollhouses and some amazing stories! I'm all for organizations that help to empower girls!! :o