The Pierce Dollhouse

Ginnydoll

I have a beautiful Joseph Angel House. The problem is, I have moved to a tiny apartment and only have limited space. I have now thought about selling the Angel house and starting a Pierce. My question is; Can the piece be cut down, either before starting, or after it is built. If I cut the "L" shape part off, I can fit it flat against the wall.

Or I can just cut off about 15" from one side of the Jseph Angel House. That would be easier. But it is so tall, (47" plus the little post I put at the top of the tower) I am worried that it will overpower the rest of my room.

I am new to this forum, but have been working on dollhouses for 20 years, more or less. The Angel house is now residing in a friends basement collecting dust.

Thankyou in advance and I hope to have many discussions in this forum.

Ginny doll

I think it can be done with some planning! I personally want to do a Huge bash to a Pierce myself. :yes: It is very similar to what you just mentioned but I am going to have to build most of it before the bash I want to do can be done :) Please keep us up to date with what you do. I am in love with that Joseph Angel House! Wish I had the room and I wish I had one. That must be a "Bear" to even ship!

Oh.... Welcome to the Neighborhood :)

I bought the Joseph Angel House 14 years ago, from the builder, Clell Boyce. It was shipped from Oregon to my house in Pennsylvania. The box was so huge that my kids had more fun playing with the box than the dollhouse, the box stayed in the living room until my kids tore it apart.

The house has gone through 3 moves now. I sold it once, but it didn't work out. I was so glad. than I moved and tried to sell it again, and it didn't work out This week I was going to put it in an auction, and changed my mind at the last moment. I think it is my destiny to keep this house. The Joseph Angel and me are meant to be together.

Somehow, I will cut it down and squeeze it into my bedroom. That house just doesn't want to leave me.

It is beautiful and very well designed.

I think that just by writing in here in the forum has made me decide to keep the Joseph Angel and not do the Pierce thing, even though the Pierce would fit better into my tiny bedroom.

I will have get rid of one of end tables by the bed. It is the only place it can go.

When I figure out how to put a picture in here I will post it.

This is a picture of one side of the Joseph Angel House. About 4 years ago, I had added this bay window off the kitchen. My plan at that time was to make a little room with a bakery there.

Now. of cource, if I use this house, the bakery idea will be abandoned due to lack of space.That side of the house will be sacrificed in order to make it fit in my bedroom.

post-3322-1216858451_thumb.jpg

That's a beautiful house. I'd make room for one of those if I had one. I don't think you can get them anymore. I had a Pierce and it was too big for the room I have. I thought about cutting off the "L" part once but decided against it. It's hard not having enough room and harder not being able to keep building more houses. Hope to see some pictures of your Joseph Angel as you work on it.

The Joseph Angel wants to stay with you - it is your destiny! Don't do anything to it, just leave it be, and find room for it somewhere in your house...... It's too nice a dollhouse to be cut apart or anything else. And I doubt if the height will detract or bother anyone. I know it wouldn't bother me....but if you really don't want it, I have a large living room! And can find room for it......

LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

This weekend, I had placed lots of my items in a local auction. It had been at the last moment I decided not to put my Joseph Angel Dollhouse in that auction. I had decided after my first post in this forum to not put the house in the auction. Now., that the auction has happened, I am so happy I did not let it go at the auction. I would be now very, very upset. All my items went for very low prices. I had put my Moms special coffee table in that auction. I no longer have room for the coffee table. It was a horseshoe table and very large. It took up most of the living room. I was sorry to have to put this lovely table in the auction. It went for $7.50. It was a rare hunt table with side leaves that made it expandable, and a leather top. Probably from the 1930's.it was a very special piece. As i said, it went for $7.50, and the auctioneer got 35 percent of that $7.50. All my furniture went very low. If the dollhouse had been in the auction, I suspect it would have gone for about $25.

As I said in my last post, this dollhouse is meant to stay with me. I would have regretted for the rest of my life had I sold this dollhouse for the low, low prices that my other items got.

I am so sad about my Moms coffee table, but so very happy I still have my dollhouse.

I will keep everyone posted at to have I am going to get the house decorated and painted, and how I will somehow find a spot in my 2 room apartment for it. It is about 55" wide with the expended bay window I added. A huge house.

At the moment, I am thinking the exterior colors will be either 5 shades of blue and white. or 5 shades of light pink and white. Either way, it will be beautiful.