my first little house

havanaholly

When I was a little girl I vaguely remember a small tin house that I believe went "down" to cousins the year I was 6 & got a Keystone house with six rooms, a door & windows that opened & closed, and had an electric light (a night-light bulb, I think). I played with that house until my mother "disappeared" it into the back of our garage while I was in junior highshool, telling me I had "outgrown" it (in the early 1950s, what did I know?). About the time I hit my early 30s I think she got tired of my bugging her about that Keystone, because when we went to see her she had dug it out of the back of the garage (which leaked); needless to say, humidity (a couple of hurricanes) and bugs (never mind) had managed to destroy it.

Speeding through the corridors of time, DH & I decided to make a dh for DGD. The first one was from "scratch" & looked it, but was full of TLC. When we got a stupendous deal on an older San Franciscan kit & I got it built, it looked a lot better & of course DGD loved it. The problem was, so did I! So the next year DH gave me a Cambridge kit for my birthday & the rest is history...