My first house...

KarinL

I don't even know who made my first house, or what it was called. I remember it was made of tab/slot bits of siding (about 2 inches high) that were glued together to form the walls. It was a big Victorian. I made just about every mistake a person can make on it, and in the end I gave it away because I was moving and couldn't take it with me...

I got back into dollhouses about eight years later, when I discovered a mini shop close to where I worked. It was so hard to decide which house I wanted to start with, but in the end I got the Glencroft. I had it all finished at one point, only to find out that I don't like finished houses. :D Right now it's undergoing major renovations.

After the Glencroft I bought the Diana, Brimble's, Emerson Row, TIffany, Haunted House, and the Fairfield. I won a second Brimble's in a contest. And most recently I bought a Brookwood, which is hopefully on its way here from the US by slow boat...

One of my friends has a Harrison she's thinking of getting rid of. If she does, I'll adopt it. :D

I'm still in two minds about whether or not to buy a Willowcrest. :D Just in case I run out of projects... :p:D :lol:

Hi, Karin, I want to build the Willowcrest, I have the kit but it's near the bottom of a fairly short-to-medium list because I think I want to bash it & make it a bit bigger...

I also think I would like to try a Brimbles.

Brimble's is a fantastic kit to work on. The only part I had trouble with is where the windows meet the roofs...

I won a second one in a contest and I'm thinking of turning it into a saloon. Maybe I'll build it in mirror image so I can have them side by side with the fronts facing eachother and a street inbetween...

<dream, dream, dream....>