Mean Dog Catcher

Tess11

Our dog Pokie was owned by my friend before she had to give her up because of an apartment change. Once when she owned her Pokie had gotten lost and the dog catcher picked her up. Her collar had come off so she didnt have her identification.

I do not remember exactly how much it cost her in the end but they charged her for them picking up the dog, a fine for roaming, a fine for no leash, a fine for no id tags, daily accumulation of fines for boarding. They were fining her for not being licensed or rabies but she was able to find her paperwork so they had to take that off.

Now this woman was on welfare at the time and going to school. She did not have the extra money. I think it was over $300 by the time she was able to free Pokie from jail.

Our dog catcher (same one) was telling me that the police dept higher ups were putting alot of pressure on them to fine people who were late getting licenses. They were making them go all over the city the day after the date of licensing passed, go to each and every house, and hand them a ticket. It generates money for the department. He hated doing it. He didnt give everyone a ticket. Just a warning to hurry and get the license. If he didnt see their dog on the list as licensed in a week he would have to come back.

THe animal control officer sounds like a drop out from the police academy. He has a uniform and a badge and let it go to his head

Ed

That's about right.