Bummer...

LPCullen

I got all excited because the doctor was letting me wean off the blood pressure meds to see what happened. All my other tests came out beautiful, so we were going to see what happened and if it would behave. Nope. It went right back up....

So sorry LInda. Doug too is on heavy duty bp medication......and they tried that on him last summer, and it didn't work either! Keep on taking it Linda.....your body needs it!

It's just amazing that as small as you are that you would suffer from high blood pressure. keep on taking those meds, don't want anything to happen to you.

MY doctor told me it can be heritary and you body doesn't know the difference at how it regulates BP as long as it is regulated. I've taken the darn stuff for years but fortunately got on a generic version.

I've had high blood pressure since I was young and pregnant with my first...had toxemia with him and my fourth son.

I've been on meds for the past 10 years, and prior to that was on and off them. When I was younger I didn't realize how important it was to stay on them...until I had a major crisis about 10 years ago..and almost died!

Some people can drop some excess weight and it goes right back to normal...I can be skinny as a rail and still have to be on medication.

I take 3 right now...Norvasc, 1x a day, Atenolol, 2x a day, and hydrochlorthiazide, 1x a day which just keeps excess fluid out of my body, which can increase the blood pressure. That combination seems to do the trick!

Luckily they all come in generic and my insurance pays for most of it...I just have a small co-pay. So stay with them....it's a small thing to do to keep yourself healthy!

Sally, do you get your meds through mail order? I get mine through my insurance company mail order program and do it all on-line from home. It sure saves money as I get three months for the price of one co-pay. I used to take that pill for excess fluid until I got on one med that combines both BP control and fluid.

Jerry

Jerry, my local CVS gives me a 3 months supply, so it works out pretty well. Luckily, my husband has an excellent insurance program through his job and it has a great prescription plan.

I'm always tempted to ask the doctor about those combo meds, but since what I take now works so well, I'm afraid to make any change.