Just joined - a question!

robedsaul

Well, we finally took the plunge and went with... (drum roll, please...) THE ARTHUR! I ordered it this morning and it should arrive in time for Christmas. It is my Christmas gift from my MIL. Of course, my DD wants to start it as soon as it arrives, not after Christmas! :-) Should be a good thing to work on when its cold and wintry out in January and February, and sometimes March...Hmmm, which leads me to ask, just how much time should this take? In the meantime 'til we can actually get started, I'm going to be checking in frequently with this board and trying to learn whatever I can. It's good to know you guys are here to ask questions if we get stuck with something!

Needless to say, we're really excited and I can't believe that I, a grown adult, am getting a dollhouse for Christmas! :blink:

the time it takes varries with each person and how you will be decorating....going all out with flooring and wallpaper and or siding will take longer than just painting walls and putting in carpet. also if planning to wire it will take more time

and how much time do you have to dedicate to your project.

and if you are a beginner in all of these things that also will slow you down.

but taking your time is not a bad idea. it allows time to let the house tell you what it wants to be. and it will.

the main thing is to ENJOY it. even the trim which takes 4ever...or so it seems can be relaxing. I am excited for you.

I wasnt to keen on building the Arthur but as I worked on it it grew on me and now its part of my permament collection. that is a great house!

you will enjoy yourself sooo much.

congratulations on your new Hobby/obsession!

nutti :blink:

Anna,  I have found 1/4" (3mm?) thick foamboard in craft shops, perhaps if you have an artists' supply store nearby you could check there, too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

W edo have t his great artis supply store and it sounds promising after talking to the man in charge over the phone

<_< Will try and get down there later on today to see if it is useable. Doing a careful happy dance just trying not to spite the mini-ing Saint.... :blink:

Another question though, should I seal it someway before wallpapering/painting?

Hugs

Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but if they have styrofoam coolers in Sweden, assuming you can get the right width, won't that work.  I know I was surprised to find that the insulation foam I bought at Home depot looked like stryofoam.  I know here in the south you can buy styrofoam coolers at convenient stores.  So will this work?

Peggi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That could have worked as well I think but those styrofoam coolers are getting harder and harder to find, the coolers are more like plastic bags with lining and a zipper nowadays over here. Very handy since when not using them one can fold them flat and they are easily stored but unfortunate when wantiing to actually use the styrofoam. Restaurants have them for catering purpose though, hmm wonder if one can keep them if having a catered party??? Wonder if DH is in the mood for a party?

Hugs :blink: