Garfield Rooms

Im making a wish list of items I want inside of the Garf and I was wondering how large the rooms are.

Are they kind of small and awkwardly shaped or are they a good size? Also what is the largest room it has? The measurement of the largest one would really help because that way I can have an idea what Ill be working with.

Theres a bedroom set I really want for it but it says that its scaled for a large bedroom even though its one inch scale. Im crossing my fingers that the Garf has a pretty well sized bedroom. Its very hard to see in the pictures. If anyone has good gallery pictures of the interior rooms, Id love to have the link.

Thanks.

At 41 wide 42 high and 30 deep I believe the garfield is one of the largest doll houses on the market today. Definitely Greenleafs largest. The staircase is a hog. If you can fabricate one I would suggest It in the interest of space. You can also extend the rooms out if you wish. The garfield works well with modifications.

post-2278-1193463787_thumb.jpg

Edited by tp1

Here is something I found that was posted by Adallac back in January (don't remember how I searched it and didn't print off the whole URL....anyway, hope it helps!

I am just now in the process of building the Garfield myself. Good luck and have fun!

"Here are some approximate measurements for you:

The downstairs rooms (living, dining, foyer) have a ceiling height of 11", except for the kitchen, with is 9". The kitchen is 16 1/2" deep and 10 1/4" wide. The dining room is 13" deep and 10 1/2" wide. The living room is 13 1/2 " deep and 15" wide, but the bay window adds an extra 4" of depth.

On the second floor, all of the ceilings are 9" high. The room above the kitchen is 15 1/4" deep and 10" wide. The bathroom, in the middle, is 13 1/2 deep and 11" wide. The largest room, over the living room (to the left from the back view of the house), is 14 1/2" wide and 13 3/4" deep. Again, the bay adds another 3 or 4 inches of depth.

I can't measure the attic ceiling heights because I haven't constructed the roof yet. However, the rooms are about the same size as the three second floor rooms."

Natalie that is great info. Thank you so much. The rooms really are much larger than I thought they would be. Those are excellent measurements. Im sure everything I want to put in it will fit. I really needed those ceiling heights and they are perfect. This house is going to be a dream come true.

At 41 wide 42 high and 30 deep I believe the garfield is one of the largest doll houses on the market today. Definitely Greenleafs largest. The staircase is a hog. If you can fabricate one I would suggest It in the interest of space. You can also extend the rooms out if you wish. The garfield works well with modifications.

Those are some beautiful modifications. I love that open tower top.

• 4 weeks later...