Jump to content

Bracing U channel moulding.jpg


I started out using tapewire for this house, but for some reason that I couldn't figure out, only two of the four lights would work at any given time. Got tired of wasting time trying to figure out what was going on after soldering and resoldering and moving lights from one part of the tape to another, so I decided to hard wire the house. That meant I had to re-attach all the plugs to the lights and then find a way to run them down through the house and conceal them. Finally took all the cords and ran them from the 2nd floor down the partition wall in the kitchen to a space under the house. Wrapped all the wires together and then used "U" channel moulding to hide the wires. Glued the moulding in and braced it (no clamps I had would fit in the space) with scrap wood and then later added 3 shelves on the side so it looks like an architechtural element.

From the album:

The Laurel

· 31 images
  • 31 images
  • 10 image comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...