floors going in

havanaholly

I found cheapest of the cheap vinyl selfstick floor tiles at Family Dollar in black & white "marbling".

You can see how the eggplant hall walls loom with almond trim. The stairwell gold foil wallpaper is giftwrap and just begged to go there, which coupled with the purple bathroom requirement, begged for the hallway to be eggplant.

The bathroom is papered in scrapbook paper. I will show the bathroom fixtures I made next, the bathtub begged for a hotwater geyser and DS#1 obliged us with most of a cigar boxful of his empty cigar tubes when I mentioned I could make things in mini from them. The plumbing fittings/ pipes are polymer clay and the lacy trim is bits of paper doily, all spray painted aluminum. As you can see, all the trim will be eggplant.

The bedroom wallpaper was some I found on clearance at Miniatures in the Attic in Falls Church, which is where I started DS#2's fiancee on her road to mini obsession (mwa-ha-ha-ha!). The trim is some Benjamin Moore tangerine, and I just love how it looks! I have some pale aqua lace that will become panels for the windows.

The third floor tower floor is a scrap of the fabric I used to carpet the Coventry Cottage bedroom. (Never throw anything away...)

From the album:

the McKinley

· 24 images
  • 24 images
  • 0 comments
  • 8 image comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.