Half Scale Furniture and Accessories

Adallae

With the HBS 50% off sale coming up (whoo hoo!), I'm torn between a few houses. I really like the Fairfield, but before I decide to buy it, I was wondering what kind of furniture and accessories are available for decorating? It seems to be a small market. Any suggestions of where to shop for half scale minis?

Oh, there's tons of half-scale out there at all sorts of prices. Here's my current list of online sources -- I no longer bother tracking local shops because you never know when they're going to change dramatically.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/news/ar...s/?a=43&z=7

To give you an overview...

As with 1:12, the bottom of the market is defined by Town Square, which usually sells furniture by the room. In contrast to when I started doing half-scale in 2003 and had to work at furnishing a house, there are now lots of these sets -- you have three choices of modern kitchen and six choices of bathroom, and that's before we enter the land of white wire wicker. Miniatures.com sells much of the line, and you figure anywhere from $15 to $35 per room, depending on the number and elaborateness of the pieces. Dijon and Glenowen, both European, make furniture that's similar in feel at about the same price range.

There is also a pricier Bespaq tier ($70 for a sofa), and Bespaq seems to offer a pretty extensive range of furniture, though since I don't buy it, I'm not looking that closely. Mountain Miniatures carries a ton of half-scale Bespaq; I'm sure they're not the only reputable source.

Of the other sources on my list, they split roughly evenly between kits (often very affordable) and artisanal work (usually priced for the well-heeled collector). Cassidy Creations is particularly known for kits; Robin Betterly also does many of her kits in half-scale. If you've looked at FOV's Fairfield, she uses resin Avon furniture that's roughly half-scale.

The easiest styles to find are Victorian, Colonial, and a sort of "traditional" look, though I'm seeing more Prairie/Mission in affordable room sets this past year.

Accessories are surprisingly easy to find if you start with the list, and I manage a certain amount at bead stores, too.

Oh, there's tons of half-scale out there at all sorts of prices. Here's my current list of online sources -- I no longer bother tracking local shops because you never know when they're going to change dramatically.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/news/ar...s/?a=43&z=7

To give you an overview...

As with 1:12, the bottom of the market is defined by Town Square, which usually sells furniture by the room. In contrast to when I started doing half-scale in 2003 and had to work at furnishing a house, there are now lots of these sets -- you have three choices of modern kitchen and six choices of bathroom, and that's before we enter the land of white wire wicker. Miniatures.com sells much of the line, and you figure anywhere from $15 to $35 per room, depending on the number and elaborateness of the pieces. Dijon and Glenowen, both European, make furniture that's similar in feel at about the same price range.

There is also a pricier Bespaq tier ($70 for a sofa), and Bespaq seems to offer a pretty extensive range of furniture, though since I don't buy it, I'm not looking that closely. Mountain Miniatures carries a ton of half-scale Bespaq; I'm sure they're not the only reputable source.

Of the other sources on my list, they split roughly evenly between kits (often very affordable) and artisanal work (usually priced for the well-heeled collector). Cassidy Creations is particularly known for kits; Robin Betterly also does many of her kits in half-scale. If you've looked at FOV's Fairfield, she uses resin Avon furniture that's roughly half-scale.

The easiest styles to find are Victorian, Colonial, and a sort of "traditional" look, though I'm seeing more Prairie/Mission in affordable room sets this past year.

Accessories are surprisingly easy to find if you start with the list, and I manage a certain amount at bead stores, too.

Thankyou SO much for that link list. I was finally able to find a site on there that has a ton of 1/144 inch accessories. I had been searching for years and found nothing.