when I was very little......

dollshousegirl

My very first memory is of unpacking my house, after it had been transported from germany to the UK (we were in the RAF) and it had been damaged, I have a dim vision of it being tudor style on the top of the house, with brick paper at the bottom and green windows, but that could be my memory playing tricks on me. After that it kind of disappeared, maybe my mum threw it out as it was broken, ;)

but As long as I can remember I have had a dollshouse

I also had after this time, (1970’s) a house made up of plastic squares and squares tubes and corner slots, hope you get the idea anyway, it has windows in some squares, doors in others and others were floors ceilings, all in browns and oranges, we (me and my sis) had lots of the lundy furniture (sadly no more) I keep seeing bits on ebay, and going ‘ahh, I used to have that’. My mum told me recently she thinks it was likely a german make, she think she still has it in the attic. I played with that right up until I left home at 17. I was always playing about with making card houses, and once I even made a boat house out of wood for my pippa dolls

Once and got married, my first real adult dollshouse was a kit from America, that my grandma had ordered they sent her two by mistake and told her to keep the second, so it was open a the back, don’t know what make it was, but I am sure its not made anymore, it had two room at the bottom, the stairs going up the middle so you could see the underside of them, the two upstairs rooms were very small, with a type of step under the windows, going all the way across. I also added a downstairs bathroom to this, years before I had heard of kit bashing !!

I did this as a modern house, even adding radiators made from corrugated card, I did a divan bed in the second bedroom making it fit headboard to window and over the step up, I added fitted cupboards to fit under the eaves.

I gave this house to my friends little sister who was 11 at the time, she has since been to uni and graduated etc, think she is 27 now, my how time flies ! (wish I knew if she still has it)

I didn’t get my next one which was the 1.24th one on my site, until I think it was 5 years ago

And then I made Cobweb Cottage and the rest is history

post-315-1126344268_thumb.jpgin my previous post, I talked about a house my grandma had bought from the US, and she was told to keep the 2nd one which she gave to me

I see this as my first house here is a picture of it (the picture is not of mine)

does anyone know if this is/was a greenleaf house

It ia called the "Tiffani", and is/was made by Whitney.. I have one that I found(not built very well) at a yard sale for $3, that I plan to restore one day.

Here is a link to one for sale on Ebay, I found in a quick search http://cgi.ebay.com/TIFFANI-WOOD-DOLLHOUSE...1QQcmdZViewItem

Melissa

thank you so much Melissa, thats great. its a cute little house, even if the rooms are a bit small for 1/12th but i love it anyway. should never have given it away, but an 11years old need was greater than mine at the time !!

at least now i know waht make it is i may just keep an eye out for another one, but Glencroft first !!!