Brittle wood

Leeg

Hi everyone. This is my first post and my first house build. I just received the  Fairfield Dollhouse Kit. I purchased through Amazon. The problem I am having is that several pieces of the wood for the house are extremely brittle and splintering. Some to the point that they are crumbling. My question is, would you purchase more wood and trace the pieces that need to be replaced to make the house. Would that be to hard to do? Or should I just trash this one and purchase another house and hope for the best? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. Lee 

I had a lot of brittle, splintering wood sheets in my Glencroft kit, most of which I built in our RV traveling up the west side of the Mississippi River and back down the east side, so I had to deal with gluing the bits back together; you can read all about it in the Team Glencroft building blog.  Since you probably have the means to cut new parts, invest in a sheet or two of 1/8" luan plywood and have at it!