Introduction

Good afternoon!

I am a mother of 4, just recently having my first daughter and completely stoked and excited about dollhouses and all other fun girl activities!

My grandmother brought out a half-finished SF557 from 1999 that she meant to finish for me when I was a kid but never got around to it, so she sent it and all the parts home with me to complete for my daughter. Unfortunately, the plywood is super rock hard and the company is out of business. The furniture is also somewhat broken from me and all my cousins playing with it when we were little, so I want to recover some of it and otherwise just replace the rest.
😕

I'm now on here looking for advice on all things regarding this fun house and making it beautiful somehow!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Amanda!  I’m new, too, building my first dollhouse from a kit, and have already found lots of help and encouragement from this group!

Welcome to the little fmily, Amanda.  My first ever kit build was the SF555; the SF557 was the MDF (medium density fiberboard) version of Dura-Craft's San Franciscan, and I'm afraid I'm not a fan of MDF (like our own Dean the Man here, my mantra is "wood is good").