Afton Greenfield Farmhouse

Arkay1

I purchased this kit many years ago for my daughter and to my shame am completing it now for her daughter. I have most of the parts but with three moves I am missing some of the parts, trim etc. Any help on sourcing these would be extremely helpful. Thank you

I think you may be out of luck on this one. Afton has been out of business for decades and if anyone else has one of their houses, I doubt they'd know what it was.

You may be able to reproduce some of the parts but maybe for the trim, you might consider using another kind. There's tons of trim on the market today.

• 2 months later...

I had the Victoria’s farmhouse for my little Girl 23 years ago. Although we built it for her, I intentionally left off all the fragile trim so that her house (electrified) could stand up to play. It was 12Volt, and the button-like lights in the ceiling, so it served her well in her childhood. Off to college with her at the peak of the pandemic, and I brought the kit to its full glory with none of the original pieces to be found. 

Houseworks miniatures (Google them), and Real Good Toys were a fantastic source for trim, stair rails, and all things wood to make this an heirloom piece, ready for her when she graduates and moves out. It took a little bit of imagination and willingness to “retro-fit” things, but that was an easy “fix”.

Cir-kit Concepts is your go-to for lighting and video tutorials.

Minimum World has your Heart’s Desire in furniture, window treatments and wallpaper if you can’t find it with Real Good Toys. 

I hope this helps. 

• Like 1