Question for Dean RE: Garfield Dollhouse

rosiebear

Hi Dean, I bought a Garfield dollhouse a while back and also bought the windows upgrade. Are there any plans to make an doors upgrade package available in the near future? Thank you for any information.

Katharina

Hi Katharina! The Garfield window upgrade will make a great addition to your house! We currently don't offer and upgrade to the doors, but I know that many people have done so using products from Houseworks and have had stunning results. I know that Irene (IAK) added interior doors as well to her Garfield and it looks great. I will move this post down to the miniature area and perhaps you can get some advice from members who have done something similar.

Thanks!

Dean

Wow! I didn't see that Greenleaf has a Garfield window upgrade set! Definitely on my wish list, now! It would be terrific if Greenleaf went ahead and did a door upgrade, too!

I did use Housework doors for most of the doors of my Garfield, both interior and exterior, including the french doors. I didn't plan ahead, so had to do some patching around the front door (adding trim to cover up areas that were cut for the original kit door), and increasing door sizes,

but I'm pretty happy with the end result.

EDIT BY DEAN: Here is link to Elizabeth's Garfield (the Halloween Madness interface doesnt have links to each members Gallery and wanted to make sure that no one misses this great house).

Back when I got my garfield the window upgrade wasn't available (got mine in the late '80s :sweat: ). I found out about them a few years ago, but I'm leery about even trying to replace the originals now :wub: . I think they look wonderful but how hard would it be and would I screw anything up trying to do it now? That's what is stopping me from getting them and replacement doors now :D .

Annette, I wouldn't think it would be TOO hard. I had already installed most of the kit doors in my Garfield (and thanks, Dean, for providing the link!!), and so had to remove the woodwork, trim and doors. I messed up some of the wallpaper, but that got covered over with the frames and trims on the Houseworks doors anyway. And then when I put the woodwork back on, that covered up a few tears along the flooring.

Cutting out a couple of the way-inside doors was a challenge, but most of the windows..(all of the windows?) are around the outside anyway, so getting a saw there shouldn't be too difficult, I don't think. I suppose it would depend on what kind of glue you used, and just how firmly everything is in place.... I'm not at all tool-savvy, but the next $149 I get, I'm buying the windows!

Thanks :ohyeah: , I'll have to go and see I know the interior would be easy to get off (don't ask how I know that ;) ) I'll just have to look at the outside window trim and the door trim. If it looks like it will come off I think I have a new project for next year :thumb: . And best of all I know where to go for the windows already :thumb: (thanks Dean :thumb: ).