Missing my hobby

tammyjej

Hi Everyone!!

Anyone miss me?

I haven't been to visit the Forum since school let out for the summer and I was tickled to find the NEW LOOK!!

Not much happening with my Pierce lately, with the kids home all summer I haven't been able to get at it much.

I DO have it displayed FINALLY! I bout the "dis-Play" table from HBS and let me tell ya, the Peirce BARELY fits on it!

I got tired of getting all of my furnishings out of the boxes to show them off and since my interior IS very nearly finished I went ahead and set up housekeeping! (I'm thinking this may have been a mis-take) Every kid in the nieghborhood wants to PLAY with it! My five year old son has chewed on most of my "food"....I've had to make repairs to my Chrynbon Victorian Bathroom because a little girl kept trying to flush the toilet! LOL The saddest day was when my niece and nephew visited. I had spent 6 weeks working on a Chippendale Canopy bed kit. I used a piece of lace to create a "carved" rose in the head board, painted the whole thing in antuque ivory and spent hours sewing ivory satin bedding and ivory lace bed curtains. I was out of the room for LESS than two minutes and my 4 yr old niece reduced the bed to splinters :lol: I don't even have a photgraph of the bed. Once school starts back up again I guess I'll buy a new kit and see if I can't make it even better this time. Still no paint on the exterior....Can't decide on my colors. I'm really missing my hobby and I'm looking forward to the first full day of school. I've already marked on my calender, "Dollhouse Clean-up Day". I'm planning to put everything back in order, dust it all off, make the repairs needed and MOVE it to a less accessable area of the house. I'll take photos that day and get them posted so everyone can see how it's coming along.

---Tammyjej---

Well, Hello and WELCOME back home! Yes, you have been missed too!! I had to laugh at your comment about your neice killing off the bed. I had the cutest bed and my 3 year did the same thing about 1 week ago! :lol: I was so worried that she might have a splinter I could not get angry even though I spent a good penny on the bed.

So now, the BIG question......WHERE ARE THE PICTURES :D You know we wanna see it! We have a gallery here too now. What colors is the outside? What is your favorite room? What house will you do next?? You have been missing a while so you gotta fill us in! B)

Hi Tammy! I can sympathize with you about the little hands terrorizing the house furniture. Something about that tiny furniture just screams "play with me!"

I have a three-year-old little girl who loves dollhouses and the last one I built I literally had to build it while reaching my arms around her.

Karen