All About Dolls

Robin

First of all I want to say that I LOVE this forum!!! i was wondering if I could make a suggestion. How likely would it be if we could get a new section that's all about the dolls? This is funny coming from me since I was the one who started the "Dolls or no dolls" thread and was adamant about NOT having any!! LOL I think it would be a nice addition to this site. It would be a great place to post info, member photos, and links to suppliers, artisans, clothing, molds, etc.

Thanks for listening!

Robin

Hello Robin,

I think it is a nice idea. But…

Being a member of the minidolllist I would like to mention that a lot of dollmakers aren’t into making dollhouses. Not that there are no dollmakers who love to do dollhouses.

I’m mentioning this because by missing some of them in this community means missing information that could be very interesting to you.

But… (second but) who knows, maybe a section about dolls would bring them into building dollhouses. That would be something! <g>

Anyway I’m with you on the idea.

If it’s not going to happen you could always join the Minidolllist

http://www.minidolllist.com

go to the top of the screen and click ‘Join our list’

You will see two subscribe buttons, one for the picture site (this is where members send their pictures to) and one for the actual list (highly recommended).

Many well-known doll artisans are a member and also a lot of very talented hobby dollmakers.

It is a very friendly and sharing group (also got great contests) and very on topic. Much like this community, there is always someone with the answer to your question.

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Thanks for the suggestion Robin! After we get through this month we'll have to kick it around and see what we come up with. I've been hesitant in the past to add new forums because it can be hard to draw the line once we start breaking out special interests. This forum is a perfect example; I'd much rather have contest broke out by themselves. You may have noticed I don't stray much from this area and I like to keep things looking nice and orderly. I refrain from doing so though because many members have enjoyed our supercategory format.

After the dust settles I'll present to the mods and see what they think.

Thanks again!

Dean